Thursday, May 10, 2007

Shifting sands of time...

Time like the ever shifting sands of the desert never fail to change all those within its realm. Monuments and wonders built by the ancients have stood witness to the changing times yet they are eventually being changed by time as well. With such everlasting changes taking place as long as time is around, nothing stays eternal. As the genius Einstein put it, time is but a man made dimension. The only way we can tell if time have past is by observing the change in our surroundings and our lives. People always say that with time, the hurt will go away and time will heal the wounds of the heart. True as it may be to an extend but sometimes history tends to repeat itself. All the ghosts of the past try to return and haunt the present. Lately, it seems like my own memories of the past keep coming back to haunt me. As if caught in a never ending dream, reminders of the times bygone keep popping up bringing memories of the past with em - some sweet while others emotionally painful. I tend to wonder if such constant recurrences is some kinda divine hint of something of my past. Is it telling me that I have made a mistake and i should try and mend my mistakes else it's gonna haunt me for a long time? Truth to be told, such reminders of the past come in the form of a girl i just knew. Strange as it may seem as each individual on earth is suppose to be unique, she actually talks and behaves quite similarly to the person i'm trying to forget. However, I'm only seeing this girl as a normal friend and harbour no hopes that she is gonna be a replacement of any sort. Rather, the more i chat with her and all, the coincidences and the similarities are so many that one tend to forget who one is chatting with - the ghost of the past? or someone from the present? All these similarities have indeed been stunning but sadly they tend to remind me of the very girl i'm trying hard to forget. As quoted from the lyrics of the song Forever by Papa Roach, I can't forgive yet i can't forget either. Such a tragic conflict of inner voices. One is missing her like crazy yet another is condemning her and trying its best to paint the most evil picture of her and force her outta my head. All these dilemmas merely result in sleepless nights trying to figure out what the big dude up the sky is hinting by constantly reminding me of her. The only way for me to find a momentary peace is to turn on my music when i sleep. Is it only after i manage to clear things out and have a clear end to things that i can regain my peaceful sleep? Time shifted and things changed yet such memories still rear its head once in a while to remind me of her. Time can heal? What a farce. Will i mange to overcome my inner demons and forget my past? Only time will tell...

No comments: