Friday, July 16, 2010

Angels cry...



It sure is hard to believe that a week has passed by so fast. Since the day you broke up with me, I just realize that there hasn't been a day that has not rained. As implied by this song, I wonder if the angels are crying...

You said that you wish there is no such a thing as "wasted". I can tell you this - your love for me wasn't wasted. I may have changed too late but it did change me. Made me realize how much of a horrible person I am and I should really change my attitude or I'll lose more of those around me. I also do not think I "wasted" my love on you - simply because I Love You...

You once asked me "Do you believe in fairy tales?" I told you "I'll never be your knight in shining armour." but I didn't tell you "I'll be your guardian angel and give my all for you..." I remember a story. Once there was a scholar. He had looks, a bright future and beautiful wife. One day, an angel descended from heaven and asked him "Are you happy?" He said "My life is the envy of many people but sadly I do not know what happiness is." That instant, the angel took away his looks, his wife and everything else which he had. Looking hideous and unable to find a job, he could only roam the streets as a beggar. After what seemed like an eternity, the angel appeared before him again and asked him the same question "Are you happy?" He replied "I now know what happiness is. It was all that I had. If I had not been such a fool." Knowing the scholar had learnt his lesson, the angel returned all that he had to him. He found himself back at the time when he first met the angel - only this time, he knew how to be content with what he has.

A short story which I once read but somehow it seems to reflect my current situation. A stable job, a good girlfriend and no worries. It is a pity I couldn't appreciate it all until now when it is all too late... At least in the story, the scholar had a happy ending. Will I have mine?

No comments: