Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Independence...

31st of August, the Independence Malaysia or just the Independence of Malaya to be more specific. Sarawak only joined Malaya and became independent on the 16th of September 1963. So what does Independence mean to me???

Well don't ask me, I'm just a squatter here in Malaysia. Apparently according to a politician, the Chinese are just squatters in this land and do not enjoy equal rights. So yeah, what does a squatter like me know???

On a serious note, Independence would mean freedom from all sorts of oppression, be it from Colonial powers or even racism, discrimination and what not. I hope that such a real form of Independence will be achieved on the 16th of September marking the real meaning of Independence :D

2 comments:

~Bluey said...

yeah...we're all squatters.
Linking you to my site :
http://bluelaments.blogspot.com/

hope you don't mind...

Arrancar said...

Hi sure. Thanks for d comment :D Hope no more bloggers get ISA... :P